Updated on 10/22/2020
Click to access the complete: Stewartsville C2 Reopening Plan
What should I expect if my in-person learner is quarantined?
Students and teachers will be expected to participate in distance learning and instruction during the quarantine. Students are encouraged to check their email for communications from their teacher(s) and monitor their assignments on Google Classroom. Teachers will be working to upload instruction and assignments into Google Classroom as quickly as possible. Further guidance specific to your student(s) will come directly from their teacher(s).
Will my child be counted absent/sick while they are quarantined?
The contact related quarantine absences do not count against a student’s attendance as long as the student is actively participating in distance learning.
Student Arrival and Dismissal
The following procedures are being put in place until further notice to avoid unnecessary congestion in the building before and after school.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the building until 7:45 a.m.
- After entering the building, students will either go to their homeroom or breakfast. Homeroom for students in grades 7-12 will be their 1st-hour class. (Before school breakfast will only be for grades PreK-6. Grades 7-12 will have grab and go breakfast options between 1st and 2nd hour.)
- The official start of the school day begins at 8:05 a.m.
- At the end of the day, all students will be dismissed from their classrooms.
- Bus riders and students in grades 7-12 will be dismissed at 3:10 p.m.
- Car riders will be released for curbside pick-up at 3:15 p.m.
- Walkers will be released at 3:20 p.m. or once all vehicles have cleared the main drive.
- Students will not be allowed in the school building after 3:30 p.m. unless it is a sponsored activity with an adult sponsor supervising the group. Students may not be in the building at any time unsupervised.
Please know that we highly value parents visiting the school.
- We ask that visitors only enter the building for essential business.
- Upon entering the building, you must wear a face mask and sign in.
- We will be promoting the use of virtual platforms to conduct meetings, if at all possible, for all parties involved.
- We are temporarily not allowing parent volunteers at any school parties or student events that fall within the normal school day.
- Since breakfast and lunch will be served with students seated in classroom pods and with limited space, we will temporarily discontinue guest eating breakfast or lunch with their children during the school day.
Students in grades 7-12 will utilize the locker rooms to dress out for P.E. classes and all after school sports practices and games.
- Students will not be allowed to use a gym locker.
- All personal items and school-issued equipment must be removed from the locker rooms at the end of each day.
- Personal items that are left in the locker room will be placed in bins located in the basement of the high school.
- School issues equipment will be placed in the coach’s office.
- Personal items remaining in bins at 3 p.m. on Friday of each week will be discarded.
Hello Cardinal Families,
Since March 13, we have been busy making needed changes within the district to prepare us for reopening. The following list is a demonstration of items we have acquired or are in the process of purchasing to help with keeping all of us as safe as possible as we return to "The Nest."
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout district facilities.
- Installation of touchless paper towel dispensers (Lobby Restrooms)
- Replacement of water fountains with bottle filling stations.
- Purchased a hands-free sanitizing machine to be used in restrooms and cafeteria.
- Purchased 2 state-of-the-art sanitizing guns with the capability of disinfecting classrooms, busses, and any public space in a matter of seconds.
- Purchased a power mop to expedite the cleaning and sanitizing of classroom floors.
- Purchased new lunchroom tables to allow for better control for the social distancing of students.
- Replaced oversized tables in 3 high school classrooms to allow for social distancing.
- Purchased germ screens for the protection of our lunch clerk and building secretary.
- Redesigned the main entrance to create a protective barrier for students and staff.
- Purchased protective facemasks and shields for staff members.
- Remodeled our outdoor concession stand bathrooms to allow for easier cleaning and sanitizing.
- Purchased disposable masks for visitors and students.
- Constructing walkways for better control of before school drop off and after school pickup.
- Purchased a supply of individual bottles of hand sanitizer for classrooms.
- Purchased 50 cases of disinfecting wipes for classroom use.
- Purchased thermal thermometers for quick checks of student and staff member's temperatures.
- Installing an additional custodial cleaning supplies station on 3rd floor.
- Relocated the ice machine from the kitchen to prevent cross-contamination.
- Removed over 20,000 lbs. of clutter from throughout the building.
This list will continue to grow as we move closer to reopening.
Along with the listed items, we have been working on a comprehensive reopening plan. The plan was designed based on the following three pillars.
1. Preparing for the safe return to school for all of our Cardinals.
2. Providing our students with engaging educational opportunities.
3. Promoting open lines of communication between all Cardinals.
Please understand it is impossible to develop a plan that takes into consideration every condition we may face during the coming school year. As such, the plan being presented may see additions or omissions made to it based upon information provided to us by our local, state, and national level officials and departments. We ask everyone to remain flexible with the district as we continue to navigate the constant changes of the Covid-19 pandemic and to please reach out to us with your questions or concerns. We much appreciate your patience as we are doing our best to ensure the most impactful learning experience for all students in the Stewartsville C2 School District.
Stewartsville C2 School District
FREE eBooks and database access links:
Common Sense Media has gathered a multitude of free resources into one location for families in this time of need. It covers everything from content support to emotional well-being to creative ways to spend time as a family.