Parents as Teachers
W E L C O M E
STEWARTSVILLE C-2 PARENTS AS TEACHERS
What is Parents as Teachers?
Parents as Teachers is an education and support program for families with children ages birth through 5 years (prior to starting Kindergarten). Parents as Teachers is based upon two key concepts:
- Parents are their child’s first and most influential teachers.
- A child’s future success in school and life can be profoundly influenced by experiences in their first years of life.
What services are offered by Parents as Teachers?
- Screenings. Periodic screenings to check for overall development, language, hearing, and vision. The earlier we can detect potential problems the greater the chance that children will be able to avoid difficulties in school.
- Personal Visits. Certified educators who have been trained in child development help parents to understand the various stages of growth and offer practical tips on activities to encourage learning.
- Referral Network. Parents as Teachers can help families link with extra services, if needed or wanted, that may go beyond what the program can provide.
How can I sign up for Parents as Teachers?
If you are interested in the program please contact Kristen Fisher at 816-669-3258 for more information.